Monday, December 8, 2008

New and Improved Dining Room

Okay, so those of you who have been here to the new house know how ugly the dining room wallpaper and border was; and those of you who keep up with the post saw pictures of the ugly blue-ness. So, this past Sunday, Cari and I undertook the task of a dining room makeover :) I have a plate that that has some grapes on it with antique coloring in the background, which accompanied my great friend (aka Cari) and I to Scherwin Williams. We matched the colors perfectly, which were a plum brown color, as well as multiple shades of brown - Cari promised me she could undertake the task of antiquing an accent wall, and away we went. We started at around 10:45 a.m. and finished right at 7:00 p.m. that same evening. It turned out fabulous, just the way I had it pictured...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Here are some pictures of our wallpaper removal - which Cari says was WAY easier than it normally is, so now I have these high expectations that removing wallpaper is a cinch (HA!) - as well as pictures of our fabulous painting skills and the final product :)

Down comes the wallpaper - Cari worked her butt off - actually this was the easy part!

I just had to take this picture because it shows all the colors with the wallpaper and border as it was all coming down. See how the previous owners painted the wall post putting up the border - ha!

Up goes the purple on the bottom part of the wall

Up goes the antiquing

Final walls with new brown color on top and the purple on the bottom

Antiquing accent wall done and drying

The final product, what do you think? I LOVE it!

3 comments:

Another Stokes said...

What??? I liked that wallpaper, just kidding. I think your dining room turned out lovely.

The Luebbert's said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Unknown said...

Your dining room before looked identical to ours when we first moved in! With the country blue wallpaper and ceiling border... not to mention the chair rail. I'll have to show you a picture sometime. :) Your finished product looks great!