Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Tree of 2008

Last weekend during all of the sickness, we managed to get our Christmas tree up. Braden had been begging all day long on Friday to put it up...that is the tradition, up goes the Christmas tree in the Allee house the day after Thanksgiving...but I just couldn't muster up the energy to do it...then Saturday he begged more, after I got home from the hospital, of course. At that point I had serious doubts about the tree being put up that weekend at all. However, at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday evening I really needed a drink, so I venture out of my room down the hall and when I enter the living room - what did I see - Braden and Josh fluffing the Christmas tree :) It takes a good couple of hours to get the limbs all straightened out and in working order to place lights, ribbon, and bulbs on...but it was practically done when I came out of my hole. I was starting to feel a little bit better, so I relieved Josh and put all of the lights and the ribbon on the tree, and then handed Braden all of the bulbs to place on our masterpiece. It was a group effort, but it was completed...and it only took us until around 11:00 p.m. to get the finished product. Technically that is not true, I am still rearranging bulbs on the tree...it is tough when you have a six year old placing three bulbs on the same branch, or placing the same type of bulb side by side on three consecutive branches - but he meant well, and he did a great job...I just find myself doing alot of rearranging every evening each time I look at the tree. It should be perfect by December 25th - ha!

1 comment:

Aunt Heather said...

Braden, I love you very much and your cousins and I miss you. I hope Santa is good to you. I read all your stories and see all your pictures momma posts.
Love you, Aunt Heather