Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yay, Its Baseball Season!!!

Braden has been practicing baseball for several weeks now, but yesterday, the 2nd of May, was the first game of the season. It was so cute seeing all of the boys out there on the field. I do not attend the practices, I leave that up to Josh and Braden, and they take care of it quite well, so I hadn't seen Braden play at all since last year. The other team was up to bat first, and so our boys were piling out on the field taking their posts and I kept trying to see where Braden was...but Diana and I couldn't find him (Josh was busy assisting coaching so I couldn't just ask him). A few minutes later, Braden came out on the field all dressed in catcher's garb...figures right - ha! He made the cutest little catcher :) It isn't a competitive team at all, just recreational, so that means everyone bats, but it is still a great experience for the kids and Braden just loves it. He is definitely a little sporty boy. Here are some pics of the game I thought were cute to share:

This goose joined Diana in I in the cheering section, it was so funny because he would just stand there and chat away with us and then when we would cheer he would quack - I think he is a Lees Summit Baseball Association lifer - ha!

My little catcher, way too cute!!!

Swing batter batter, swing!

During the third inning he was switched to the outfield, which he seemed to enjoy as well...who does he look like in this picture?!?

It just cracks me up that these boys think they need to slide into home plate...the ball was nowhere in sight and there was no way he was going to be thrown out, but by golly he had to slide on in to home plate ;)

My little ball player, I think it is going to be a good season!

No comments: