Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's CAMPING season!!!!

This is one of my favorite weekends of the year, it is the kick off to summer and camping with family and friends! We went down Friday afternoon and came home on Monday, so it is a long weekend, but it is fabulous! We do all of the traditional camping things: boating, tubing, swimming, smores making, hot dog grilling, you name it we did it! Well, I guess I should clarify, the kids went swimming and tubing - CRAZY kids - but they had a blast! We had a full campground with all of the family and friends we had join us. Naturally we had the normal crew with Josh, Braden and I; Nick, Tara & Kaylea; Mom & John; and Aunt Jenein, Uncle Steve, Steph and Alyssa...but this weekend we had lots of surprise extras show up including Granny, Justin and his crew, Jake and Priscilla and their crew along with our friends Kelsey and Ryan. We had so much fun opening up the camping season with so much family, friends and fun - see for yourself below, there are lots of smiles :)

This is part of the whole crew who came camping

Ryan, Josh, Kelsey & Patch - we were watching the kiddos enjoy the water

A soaked Patch - he HATED the water, poor baby :(

Braden & Kaylea playing with the camping walkie-talkies

My favorite two fellas! Aren't they adorable, I love the father/son shots :)

Finally a picture of me - this rarely happens on the family blog :)

Alyssa, Kaylea and Braden playing between the campsites, their doodles were so cute, I kept saying I was going to take a picture of it, but I never got around to getting a shot of the finished product Kaylea and Braden out for a boat ride with Stephanie and Tim

Stephanie and I made a trip to Hermitage to go to Dollar General (which takes place at least once a camping trip) and picked up these cool flip flops that came with fabric markers for Braden and Kaylea to design their own flip flops, they turned out great!

Two peas in a pod enjoying their hot dogs and chips :)

Braden enjoying a boat ride on Nick and Tara's boat

and camping pics wouldn't be camping pics without a pic of them tubing, look at those smiles!!!

No comments: