Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Braden has lost his first...and second tooth!!!

Saturday, while at Pomme de Terre camping over Memorial weekend, Braden lost his first two teeth - the bottom front two! He has been talking about having loose teeth for several weeks now, and hasn't eaten corn on the cob for at least the last month, but I never stuck my fingers in his mouth to feel for myself just how loose they are (or were I guess). I was out on a boat ride when he lost his first tooth. He must have mentioned it being loose to Stephanie and she couldn't wait to get her hands on it! I was surprised to find out that he let her pull it - and it is on video! When I get that I will so add it to this post! The first tooth seemed to be the brace for the second, because it was quickly apparent that the second on was just as ready as the first one. I was there for the second pulling, and Braden was so calm when Steph did her thing. Once she got it pulled out Braden just simply said "And now, its gone!" He was so matter-of-fact about it too - very cute! He was so proud of loosing his teeth, and would get so frustrated with Nick because Nick kept telling him how he needed to glue them back in - too funny! He was quick to show everyone, as was I... it was another milestone for the little guy. The next step was to make sure that the Tooth Fairy could make HIS (according to Braden, the tooth fairy is a boy - he says, "just watch the movie The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen) way to Nemo Landing Campground, and HE did! There was ALOT of discussion on what was appropriate for the tooth fairy to bring this day and age, and I was quick to find out that I am a cheap-skate. I though it was appropriate for Braden to get $5 total from the Tooth Fairy, it turns out I was wrong and was quickly set straight by the adults in attendance for the weekend...so my little brat ended up with $5 PER TOOTH! Which I thought was crazy, but hey, I only have one kiddo, gotta do it up right -ha! Take a look at my toothless little boy!

The second tooth just being pulled, blood and all - yuck!

One tooth gone - look how proud!

Two teeth gone - still so proud!

Braden showing Grandma Jancey his teeth, look at the surprise on her face, I thought she was going to cry because this just means that her baby is growing up!

Braden showing off his money left by the Tooth Fairy...we had to have a picture, and it had to be right then, which makes me laugh because of the puffy morning eyes :)

No comments: