Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday Celebration

So, this past Saturday was my mom's birthday...she would like for me to say it was her 35th birthday, so I will just stick with that (although I think you will find that I just transposed those numbers after seeing the birthday cake picture - ha! Sorry MOM!) I thought it would be great to have the family up to her house to celebrate her fabulousness! It would be the first time some of the family members had an opportunity to see her house. The birthday girl got to decide her birthday meal, and she chose for us to make homemade eggrolls. This is a sight to see. Traditionally we have those who cook all of the insides of the eggroll, which tends to be mom, Aunt Jenein, and Granny; and then we have the rollers which are Nick, Tara, Stephanie, and myself...this year we initiated a newbee and my sister-in-law to be, Ms. Jodi, stepped up to the plate and learned the ropes of rolling homemade egg rolls; then they go back to the cookers to be fried. We always have a great time sitting around the table and in the kitchen while making this meal. All in all we made 120 eggrolls, and we ended up placing 8 in a baggie to put in the fridge, and by midnight Saturday night, there was only 2 left in that baggie. I have to say, I enjoyed my fair share! We had alot family show up to share in the celebration: Grandpa Jack and Nancy came, as well as Sandy (mom's stepsister); Nick, Tara and Kaylea; Aunt Jenein, Uncle Steve and Stephanie; Granny; Quintin, Jodi and Kylie; Braden, Josh and I,;Uncle Jackie, Lisa and Austin; and last but not least John was there too :) I think that is everyone. Everyone, including mom seemed to enjoy themselves, and she had lots of love and lots of presents to fill her house! Happy Birthday, mom!

No comments: