Thursday, December 4, 2008

Through the Years of Christmas!!!

Every year since Braden has been born we have taken him to the Capital Mall in Jefferson City to see Santa Claus and sit on his lap to visit about Christmas and the toys of his dreams. I started it for two reasons, one: I just love the image of the Capital Mall Santa Claus; and two: that is where my nephew's go to see Santa and I didn't want to have them showing us their pictures of their visit with Santa and Braden share his and have the Santa's look different...I didn't want to answer any uncomfortable Santa questions ;) I thought it would be fun to post the "through the years visits with Santa" Braden has had...

2002 - and the most precious picture of all. I have a bit of a story here :) It was the last weekend we would be in Jefferson City before Christmas, and I REALLY wanted Braden's picture taken with Santa for his first Christmas...so, by myself, I packed him up and went to the mall for my shot. Braden was awake all through the line, but fell asleep when there were only a couple people left in front of us. When it was our turn, I just looked at Santa and said "I know he is asleep, but I really want a picture of him with you...so he took off his glasses, sat them on his belly, ask a helper for a book to use as a prop, and posed for this picture as if they both fell asleep reading a Christmas Story. I just love this Christmas picture!!!!

2002 - Obviously, not a good year for the visit...but as you can see in the future pictures in the years to come...he wasn't traumatized -ha!

2004 - He is getting so big (Braden, not Santa - he is suppose to be big!)

2005 - However, here he doesn't look like he knows for sure if he likes this visit either - ha! 2007 - this year it is ALL good! I have been corrected by my mom...this is not 2006's picture, it is 2007's - I am not convinced but I am going with it :)

Okay, bad mom here...I guess I don't have a picture for 2006 :( I cannot believe that i don't have one...I will have to keep digging and see if it turns up :)

No comments: