Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Day

Yep, Lee's Summit public schools had their first snow day of the year yesterday, can you believe it! We only got four inches, but it was on top of a thin sheet of ice which came down right before the snow started. So, I stayed home with the kiddo yesterday, with full intentions on working...but he soon wanted a snow playmate. I wasn't up for the challenge...I am not much for getting cold and covered with snow, so we ventured to Independence to pick up his cousin, Diana, so they could play together in the snow. We originally thought we were going to be able to build a snowman, but that was a bust since the snow was very fine and powdery. Instead they resulted to just throwing snow at one another, making snow angels, and burying Braden in the snow :) I shoveled the driveway...yep, my first driveway to shovel and I got out there and did it - okay, maybe I only did half - ha! All in all it was a fun day spent at home on a snow day with the kiddos!

Braden making a snow angel...for some reason he was laying on his belly for this one, and then decided he was going to take a nap...burrrrrr, that pillow looks cold!

The kiddos wrestling in the snow, I don't think either one of them got cold out there the entire time...tired from running and wrestling, but not cold!

See what I mean by powdery snow...not the sticking kind for a snowman :(

I just love this picture of Braden...this is when he decided it would be cool to be buried...but he just got as far as his legs...it must have started to get cold, I think I need to invest in a pair of snow pants for this kiddo of mine!

2 comments:

Another Stokes said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like so much fun. Hopefully central Missouri gets some snow this winter.

J.Weider said...

I am jealous. I could use a snow day! :)