Saturday, December 12, 2009

Deck the Halls!

We were able to get lights out on the house this year. Last year we closed on the house on November 22nd, which didn't allow us much time to get decorations up and around the house other than a tree. But this year, has been a different story. Josh hung all the lights on the house mid November, when we had a couple of really awesome 70 degree days, and Braden and I decorated the inside of the house one weekend when Josh was in the woods deer hunting. Braden was so much help with the tree, he helped carry up every single box from the basement...including the really heavy box the tree was packed away in. He helped sort all the branches, put the tree together, and also helped with every aspect of decorating the tree. It was so awesome decorating our house and tree with my little man. This year, I felt that I needed a Christmas wreath like I have for fall...but obviously with all xmas colors ;) When mom and I went shopping for the wreath and all the materials, I was BLOWN away by the price of an empty wreath! Mom saw this candy cane shaped evergreen, and we decided it would be perfect in place of a wreath,and a third of the cost! On Thanksgiving weekend mom helped me make my candy cane shaped wreath decoration. I love the way it turned out! I love the way all of our home decorations came out this year - tis the season!!!

No comments: