Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving - I love Fall!!!

I was hoping he would hold off a couple more days, but Braden just couldn't stand it...he just HAD to carve his pumpkin tonight. Not that I don't enjoy pumpkin carving, I am just not so sure it is going to hold up to last until this Saturday. Whether or not it does was irrelevant, I just couldn't tell my excited little boy "no" when he asked if he could as soon as his foot hit the inside of the house this evening. Aunt Dana was home tonight and available to help out in this crafty project. --side note here, for those who didn't know, my little sister, Dana, moved in with us last weekend :) After the intense process of picking out the perfect pattern, the kids got to work. Braden was hesitant at first to stick his hands into the pumpkin, but soon he was an old pro at it, and they both got their hands dirty making sure the pumpkin was spic-and-span to start the carving process. It was too funny watching them have so much fun! See the pics below of their gooey good time!

The fun has began - cleaning out the guts of the pumpkin

I just love Dana's facial expression in this picture - ha!

Braden's turn!

Time to set the pattern, this is the tedious part, and Braden does such a great job with it, so patient!

Pattern is on, now it is carving time. He was getting tired of me taking pictures...that is what this facial expression was for - if you need translation, it is basically saying "really mom, ANOTHER picture!?!" hehehehehe!!!!!
Ohhhh, spooky! The final product, and a VERY proud creator!!!!

Okay, so Braden was feeling very Halloween festive this evening, and wanted to hang up our orange Halloween lights (which are for the camper when we go on our fall camping trip - gotta decorate for the seasons!) in his room. I caved because I didn't want to smoother his individuality. We grabbed some tacks and made him the happiest boy in the world this evening! He wouldn't let me unplug them when he went to bed tonight...they served as a night light this evening, too funny!

Lights up and plugged in...hard to see with the bedroom light on....

Lights up and plugged in...hard to see Braden with the lights out, but I am pretty sure you can tell by the body language how proud he is of his Halloween decorations! :)

No comments: