Monday, September 28, 2009

Iowa Visit

This past weekend I made a solo trip to Iowa to visit my sister Angie, her daughter Sara, and my new-found brother Gordon, and his kiddos: Courtney, Drew, and Kade. It was an awesome visit. I arrive late Friday evening just in time to join Angie and some co-workers for dinner and drinks, then we headed back to her place where I met her significant other...who happens to be named Josh...and we managed to "throw dice" (pretty much played Yahtzee) and managed to down three bottles of wine between us. We had a blast! Then Saturday the three of us met Gordon and his kiddos at a park in Des Moines for our first meeting. We had a blast! The kids are great, and Gordon is such a great guy. We all got along wonderfully, and it was such a comfortable environment. It didn't take long for us all to be joking and teasing around just like brothers and sisters...the way family does :) We played games and just hung out. We all had separate dinner plans, we we parted by around 5:00 p.m. That is when Angie, Josh, and I went to Shoe Carnival to harass Sara while she was working ;) She is such a good kid...I say kid, but she is now a whopping 20 years old! I cannot believe I have a niece who is the big 2-0! We went out to a fab dinner and enjoyed each others company. We got up Sunday, did breakfast at IHOP and then was on the road again to come home to my boys. It was a great visit, but I was ready to be at home with my favorite two men :)

Me, Gordon, Courtney, Kade, Drew & Angie

Sara...at dinner :)

Me, Gordon, & Angie - three siblings

Me, Courtney (my niece), and Angie

Gordon & his two boys - Kade & Drew

Angie and I being silly :)

Courtney and I with Angie's nasty feet ;)

No comments: