Wednesday, January 21, 2009

House Update

We closed on and moved into our house exactly 8 weeks ago...but I am just now getting around to buying and hanging curtains in the living room and the dining room. On January 14th, I made a trip to Jefferson City for the afternoon to spend the day with my mom, and my Grandma and Aunt Jenein were there as well. We all set out to find my curtains at JC Penney's. It took a while of walking around with my couch pillow in hand before I decided that I needed to go with a solid color because of the pattern in pillows and the chair and ottoman in the living room. I had it in my head that I was going to paint the wall surrounding the fire place green to match the darkest shade of green in the pillows, so I didn't want to go green, and the fabric has a bit of a shimmer to it and is mostly golds rather than brown so I went with a white gold shimmery type curtain. When I brought them home several hundred dollars later, Josh wasn't too happy with the choice...specifically he said "those look like old lady curtains". What a butthead right! Anyway, he finally concluded that he doesn't have to like them, as long as I like them that is all that matters. We have been really busy on the weekends lately, so I haven't been able to paint wall. I was off work on Monday, so I was set out to paint the wall and hang my curtains...low-and-behold, the task has been completed. Josh has decided now that I may have known what I was doing all along when I picked out gold curtains :) I love the way it turned out!

I now have curtains in the dinning room as well, here is an updated shot of the dinning room too since I am posting updated pictures.

2 comments:

Terri said...

The living room curtains look amazing, especially next to that lamp! I completely forgot about the gold color of them. =) LOVE IT!!!

Another Stokes said...

Let's just put it this way, I've lived in my house for over 2 years and still don't have curtains in every room that I want them in... ha. I think everything turned out wonderfully :)