Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Spider Pumpkin

Tonight was the official night in the Allee house to do pumpkin carving. Braden is the only one who carved a pumpkin in our house, and that is because his carving took about 3 hours...a perfectionist he is :) He picked out his pattern from the carving kit...no regular ol' jack-o-lantern faces on this pumpkin! He even helped gut the pumpkin, and we also saved the seeds to bake tomorrow night. He had to have a little help from dad getting the top off the pumpkin, and then after placing all the "dots" on the pumpkin with the tool while the stencil was on, I went over the dots with a marker to outline for him what he was cutting out. Otherwise, he did the cutting to make his spider. I think for his pumpkin carving on his own...the actual cutting out the design...he did a really good job :)
The beginning, and the only help dad provided in the carving process
Did I get it all?
I had to hold the pumpkin still while he did the carving...at some points in the carving time, I felt really sorry for the poor pumpkin ;)
Look at the face, he thinks he is such a big kid doing his own carving, he just kept saying "this is so much fun" and "I cannot believe I am carving the pumpkin all by myself!" too cute!
Braden and his prize Spider Pumpkin - he is a very proud kiddo!
The finished product!

3 comments:

Another Stokes said...

Oh cool... Braden you did good job.

The Luebbert's said...

Wow, awesome job. I don't think I could have done that, let alone do it for 3 hours. I would have gotten bored and probably thrown it away! :)

Unknown said...

That is too cool Braden!! You did a great job! Grandma loves you... :o)