Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Wreath

Last weekend while we were in Jefferson City, one of my goals, other than the family pictures, was to get my mom to Hobby Lobby and get the materials picked out to make MY fall wreath :) Mom and Heather made theirs together a year or so back, but I wasn't involved in the craft day, so I had decided that this year was my year. Mom and I spent quite a bit of time in Hobby Lobby picking out all the materials to make the wreath...I considered just buying one, but GEEZE those things are expensive, the one I liked was $159.99 - WOW!!! Anyway, we gathered fall pumpkins and gourds and other fall looking items to piece together the wreath. Easier said than done, especially since we were just trying to imagine what we were attempting to make in our heads with what was in the aisles. After an hour or so of shopping, and only $50 later, we had our stuff. Mom had a big hand in how the wreath turned out, she was tons of help in placing the pieces, but the end result is AMAZING! I just love my fall wreath! I will even be able to display it on my new house for a week -ha! I guess my next trip to JC will have to result in a Christmas wreath now!

No comments: