Sunday, July 13, 2008

Braden's First Float Trip

Here we are getting ready for the kiddos first float trip ever. They were so excited on the ride there, but I think a little nervous too at the thought of possibly tipping over in the canoes. As you can see in the first pic, Braden is scoping out the canoes and trying to size up how this floating thing works. Soon enough we were floating down stream and the kids were having a blast. At our first gravel bar, it is time to get into the water and have some fun...and possibly take a potty break :) As you can see in picture two, there is a bit of a current going at the gravel bar. Braden gets caught in it, and I go out to stop him from going down stream. We soon learn that I am not the one to stop his hefty butt from going down stream, and soon enough he starts to take me with him...instead of coming to my rescue, Stephanie snaps a picture. We did our seven mile stretch and Braden was NOT ready to be done, he wanted to go another seven miles, but that didn't work out so much for him. The last picture is after the float was done on the bus ride back to our vehicles, he thinks he is pretty cute - I have to agree :)

1 comment:

Another Stokes said...

Braden just gets older and older looking each time I see him. Looks like a lot of fun!!!